Monday, July 18, 2016

Fear, Dread, Despair

Which is most prevalent with you?

Fear?

Dread?

Or is it Despair?

For me, it was all three braided together and secured with a tight knot.

Fear of my future as I’m aging. Worrying about losing my husband prematurely. Fear of financial woes. Fear of harm to my grown children, grandchildren and other loved ones. Fear of failure, declining health, traveling, flying.

My fears spanned out to cover current world events, prevalent evil and our country’s blatant rejection of God and the Lord Jesus.

My fears led to dread. I dreaded everything. I became apathetic in all my involvements. Exhausted. Burned out. Weeks and months whizzing by at a rate of speed faster than I’ve ever known. 

I dreaded the Fall season because that meant Winter is coming.

Then despair set in. Despair that my life is running out of time, our country is falling apart and I’m getting older and there’s nothing I can do about any of it.

Or so I thought.

That’s what the devil wanted me to think. It’s what he wants you to think. He wants us to be consumed, distracted and powerless.
Beaten down, flat on our back with the tyranny of fear, dread and despair standing over us.

Can you relate at all?

Add to that the condemnation from the devil that comes with being a Christian while still struggling with these things. 

Focusing on and dwelling there, are all outside God’s plans and purposes; again, All, outside God’s plans and purposes.

If satan can keep us beat down and rendered ineffective as salt and light in these dark, evil days, he’s succeeded.

Do you want the enemy to succeed? I don’t!! I don’t want him to have the satisfaction. He’s wrecked enough havoc on me, my family, and all the things that are important to me.

Enough, I say!

Because here’s the truth: Our enemy is the one who is scared. He is the one with a dreaded future that WILL end in despair and defeat!

As believers in Jesus Christ, I pray that our only fear is the reverent fear and worship of Almighty God, Who has given us an endless abundance of grace and peace. AND an amazing future with Him forever!

Grace and peace to you from God our Father 
and the Lord Jesus Christ. Ephesians 1:2

As believers in Jesus Christ, we have been given every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms that we need.

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, 
who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with 
every spiritual blessing in Christ. Ephesians 1:3

As believers in Jesus Christ, we stand holy and blameless in our Father’s eyes.

For He chose us in Him before the creation of the 
world to be holy and blameless in His sight. Ephesians 1:4

We are NOT seated in this world in a place of fear, dread and despair. It’s not possible because as a believer in Jesus Christ our position is this:

And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with Him 
in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus. Ephesians 2:6

The braid of fear, dread and despair, spun and intertwined by the devil, is unraveling for me.

The devil shudders at the thought of Christians gaining a godly perspective. He works tirelessly to keep us blinded to the truth. 

Why?

He is afraid…he is despairing of and dreading his future.

If we, as believers in Jesus Christ, open our eyes and see the truth and reality of our position in Him, we also will receive and open all the gifts given to us from God, Who, by the way, is still in control.

We can resist and cast off the devil’s temptations to give in to these plots and schemes of his. We can stand strong and firm in His mighty power, as we put on the full armor of God, which is already ours from Him, so that we can take our stand against the devil’s attacks. You just got to PUT IT ON. 

Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, 
but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the 
powers of this dark world and against the spiritual 
forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Ephesians 6:10-12

I think we can all agree that we are under attack. You. Me. Our families. The Church in America and worldwide. Our country.

If we take our positions, equipped with God’s armor, eyes open, watching and ready, praying strategically against our enemy, we will never have time for fear, dread or despair.

Will you join me today in taking our place with God, in Christ Jesus, where we’ve been given every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms where the real fight is?

Pray with me.

Staying the course,

Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comment here: