by Terri Webster
Hey ya’ll.
Today we officially begin a brand, new year. I know January 1, was three days ago, but then it was the weekend and folks were traveling, recovering from the holidays, taking down Christmas decorations or simply resting to catch their breath.
It is also a new month, new week, and a new day with new mercies. So I thought Monday would be the perfect day to start fresh.
We’ve waved goodbye to 2020, and with the New Year, have probably set new goals, have fresh ideas, new hope, and renewed vision. All while a pandemic still lurks and the chasm between humanity deepens.
Not to mention all the other unknowns ahead. So I won’t mention them.
But isn’t that life? We don’t know what a day will bring, much less an entire year. I know it doesn’t sound very encouraging or hopeful, but it all depends on where your new mercies come from every day.
And we all need some of those, right? Mercies, that is.
I want to offer to you a bit of encouragement today as we begin
2021, and look forward to all the possibilities that lie ahead, while taking each day as it comes and trusting God with the unknowns.
Every morning we are met with the faithfulness of God, along with His mercies that never run out. The world doesn’t offer much mercy, but God’s are endless, full of compassion and hope.
Lamentations 3:22-23 tells us that “The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, His mercies never come to an end. They are new every morning. Great is Your faithfulness.”
Wow! Who doesn’t need that every morning before your feet hit the floor? The world is constantly changing. Some days it’s hard to keep up. Aren’t you glad that Almighty God, our Father, never changes? I sure am.
Before we brush our teeth or pour that first cup of coffee, His mercies are there. Complete and total grace, unconditional love, compassion, peace and joy. All our goof-ups and stumbles from the day before are wiped clean, as we trust Him, and are cleansed by the shed blood of Jesus.
If you aren’t in a personal relationship with Father God, through Jesus Christ, I invite you right now, to open up your heart, by faith, and as simple as a child, receive Him.
I can tell you that you will NOT regret it. There is no better way to begin a brand new year and a fresh new day than with Him.
So, while you’re setting goals, making plans and dreaming new dreams, make sure to include the Faithful One who holds your future.
Please feel free to share in the comments below what His new mercies mean to you each morning.
I’ll see you guys back here next week with some new announcements.
In Him,
Terri
photos courtesy of pixabay.com


No comments:
Post a Comment
Share your comment here: