I thought you’d never ask. Think of mile markers along
the road you’re traveling on or directional markers showing you which way to
go. Markers can also represent a memory of a life-changing event.
The word markers in this blog's title, and in the titles of my Markers book series, represents those points of remembrance when God personally reveals a powerful truth or moves in answer to prayer on your behalf. A God-marker in your life will always bring about change, as you trust Him to provide direction, one step at a time.
The word markers in this blog's title, and in the titles of my Markers book series, represents those points of remembrance when God personally reveals a powerful truth or moves in answer to prayer on your behalf. A God-marker in your life will always bring about change, as you trust Him to provide direction, one step at a time.
The idea for my first book, “Markers for Single Moms:
Finding God’s Direction in the Chaos,” came after a hike up Arabia Mountain in
Lithonia, Georgia, about 20 miles east of Atlanta.
I was in a pretty desolate state during this time. Worn
down after 16 years of struggling as a single mom, I was facing some new challenges that I felt sure
would overtake me.
The 16 years prior to this time were full of God markers,
where He came to my rescue time and time again, provided miraculously, healed,
restored and gave direction when I needed it. However, I felt this time was different
somehow.
My church of 13 plus years was dissolving. This was my
support system, my family. My two best friends were moving away at the same
time. They were my pillars and accountability partners. My home was also going into
foreclosure. That’s just the tip of the iceberg too.
My way of escape when facing trouble was going alone
somewhere to sort things out. That’s what I was doing as I hiked up this 940-feet
high granite mountain.
As soon as I set foot on the top, I saw a weird rock
pyramid about three-feet high a short distance away. When I walked over to it,
I saw another one further ahead. They were strange looking; a mound of big rocks cemented together forming a pyramid. As I stood at the 2nd
one, I saw the third one, but couldn't see the 4th one until I
walked to the 3rd one. By this time I realized they were stone
markers leading down the other side of the mountain. The odd thing is I couldn't see beyond each marker until I walked over to the next one.
As I followed these stone markers, I sensed God showing
me how He’d placed similar directional markers in my path throughout my life
with Him. He reminded me of life events He’d led me through and the impact
those had on my faith and growth in Him. I felt assured that He’d be with me
and get me through this current crisis in my life.
That was ten years ago. I lived to write about it with my
faith still intact. That period in my life lasted several years as I walked
through a lot of very dark times before coming out on the other side.
God places markers in all our lives. He usually doesn't
provide the direction we’re seeking, until we’ve obeyed the previous direction
He’s given. We want to see the whole picture, when He just wants us to trust
Him one step at a time.
Are you seeking God for direction in something? Have you
obeyed the last thing He showed you?
Do you remember in times past when He came through for
you; when He heard your cries and answered? Has He provided unexplained peace
and comfort when things didn't make sense? Those are the markers I'm referring to.
I’ll be sharing more of my personal markers with you in
the coming weeks in the hopes it will help you recognize God's special markers in your life. Be encouraged! He is working in your life and will never leave you where you are if you seek Him for direction.
You can share in the comment section below. Or if you don’t have a Google (Gmail) account, you can email me by filling out the form to the right near the top of this page.
You can share in the comment section below. Or if you don’t have a Google (Gmail) account, you can email me by filling out the form to the right near the top of this page.
Still seeking His direction,
Terri


No comments:
Post a Comment
Share your comment here: