Monday, April 20, 2015

Junk to Treasure

The summer of 1987 was a life changer for me. Circumstances in my life were leading me down the road into single parenthood. 
I liken it to being on a runaway train, approaching a track change and having no control over the change of direction it was taking me and my children.

If someone had told me where I’d be 20 years later it would have made the journey easier. 

If someone had told me the hardships and struggles I’d experience, I would have jumped off that speeding train.
 
Every heartbreak, betrayal, loss, mistake, and disappointment was a pile of junk. I felt all that junk was a huge waste of my life and my children’s lives. I couldn’t see the good in any of it or what purpose it could possibly ever serve.

But God had a plan for all that junk. All the long, dark nights
and secret places I lived with pain and loss, He turned into treasures.

His word became a soothing balm. He answered needy cries for help and healing. He steadied the out-of-control train and made sure it didn't crash.

Through it all my relationship with God became real and intimate. I learned that He didn’t just provide salvation through Jesus Christ, but He’s steadfast, full of compassion and cares about every detail of my life.

He’s taken the junk and mess of my life and brought into reality a dream and vision for single-parent ministry.
Spring Ministries, located in Covington, Georgia is experiecing God's specific and personal involvement and provision.

He's also given me a writing ministry that continues to
unfold. What once was something that made me want to jump off a runaway train has surprisingly become my greatest passion. 

Only our God can do that! 

What the devil thought would destroy me has done the opposite. What he meant for harm actually played right into the hand of Almighty God.

My Heavenly Father made good on His promise in Isaiah 45:3. I will give you hidden treasures, riches stored in secret places, so that you may know that I am the Lord, the God of Israel, who summons you by name. 

This same promise is for you. What darkness in your life can you let God have? What hurt, betrayal, mistakes and disappointments will you let go of and give to Him? He'll take your piles of junk and turn them into treasures that will exceed your wildest imagination.

Use the comment section below to share some of the junk you'd like to see God turn into treasures. He will never waste a hurt that's surrendered to Him.

Treasures abounding,

Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comment here: