Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Out on a Limb Alone: 4 tips to remaining in Christ


by Terri Webster

Do you ever feel like you’re out on a limb? Alone, trying to do it all by yourself?

I’ve actually said in frustration to Jesus, “Lord, I went out on a limb for You. What went wrong?”

Not one of my best moments.

This dilemma can be easily solved.

How?

Jesus said,
I am the vine; you are the branches. 
If you remain in Me and I in you, you will 
bear much fruit; apart from Me you 
can do nothing. John 15:5

Be still. Stay. Remain.

Fruit needs special conditions in order to grow properly and flourish. Water. Sunlight. Nourishing soil. Pruning. All the while this is going on, the fruit just hangs there, remaining.

My job and your job is not watering, pruning and nourishing the soil. That’s the work of Almighty God IF we remain in Him.

It only takes a small amount of time every day to do that.

Here are four tips that work for me to ensure I don’t “go out on a limb” and bounce up and down in the wind and storms of life, only to drop from the vine prematurely.
  • Decide: Decide before tomorrow when and where you’re going to be still in His presence. If you have to set an alarm on your phone or put it on your calendar…date with Jesus, then do so.
  • Show up: As with any meeting or appointment, don’t go unprepared. Bring with you a Bible, notebook and pen.  
  • Ask: Ask Him to speak to your heart. Ask Him anything. He can handle it.

Don’t be anxious about anything, but in everything 
through prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, 
make your requests known to God and the peace of God
that passes all understanding will guard your hearts 
and minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7
  • Enjoy: Relax and enjoy the remaining. Let Him water you, nourish you and shine His light on you.

If you’re struggling with having time alone with Jesus, I’ll be sharing more in the coming weeks on developing a personal alone time with Him.

My prayer for you is that you’ll discover the rare and priceless jewels He has waiting especially for you.

Remaining,
Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comment here: