Anytime there’s a name change, something new is taking place.
I remember how I felt when I changed back to my maiden name after being
divorced for 12 years. My kids were almost adults. The attachment to my married
name didn’t fit who I was anymore. A lot of changes happened in 12 years,
including me. I was a new person because of all God had done in my life.
It felt so good to be called by my new name, even though it’s
who I was for the first 19 years of my life.
I know. A name is just a name, and my identity lies in Christ. Like it or not, though, sometimes a name can loom over you like a dense cloud, but it doesn’t have to.
You don’t have to change your name to enjoy new life in Christ. But God will call you by a new name anyway. How about, Hephzibah? Isaiah 62: 4. Hephzibah means “my delight is in her”.
God calls you and me, My
Delight.
Markers for Single Moms is getting a new name. And a new look. Why?
I’m a woman in need. You’re a woman in need, whoever you are. We’re all in need of God’s direction. Single moms. Single again. Never married. Married again.
Jesus said to Simon, Put out into deep water, and let down the nets for a catch. Luke 5:4.
Simon explained to Jesus how they’d been fishing all night
with no success, but because Jesus said so, Simon let down the nets in deeper
water. (Luke 5:5)
When they had done so, they caught such a large number of fish that their nets began to break. Luke 5:6
I don’t have a fancy explanation for the name change, other
than the Lord has given clear direction. A new directional marker has been
staked down and I will follow.
The new name will be revealed very soon.
The new name will be revealed very soon.
What new direction is God leading you? What new marker has He staked down in your life, pointing in the direction He wants you to go?
I invite you to share in the comments below, something new
God is doing in your life and where He is leading you.
…you will be called by
a new name that the mouth of the Lord will bestow. Isaiah 62:2
No comments:
Post a Comment
Share your comment here: