Welcome to Women In Need WIN, formerly, Markers for Single
Moms. I’m excited you’ve stopped by.
In my March 18, 2016, post titled, A New Name, I shared the
reason for the name change and new look. You can access it in the blog archive
on the right side of this page or simply scroll down.
I am a woman in need. Are you?
I once thought by the time I reached a certain age, I’d be
wiser and walking by faith more consistently in every area of my life. Things
haven’t always turned out quite as I’d planned. The good things God has done in
and through my life are all His doing, DESPITE me.
I may have a tad more wisdom than in my earlier days, but
the older…ahem…let’s say, the more mature I become, the clearer I see how
desperately I need Jesus than ever before.
If the Lord waited until I had it together, full of wisdom
and knowledge, and not so full of..…uh, me, to use my life, nothing would ever
get done.
I’ve grieved lost ambitions, missed opportunities and
deferred hopes because of doubts, fears and unbelief that once kept me from
finding His direction.
Single mom, single again, married, married again, wherever
you may be, we all have needs that only God can fill.
I believe the answers we’re hungry for, the healing we seek,
and inner nagging for fulfillment we clamor for, are found in God’s word, the
Bible, and the indwelling of His Spirit, through a personal relationship with
Jesus Christ. Period.
Whatever our circumstances, marital status or stage in life,
we were created to fulfill a unique purpose God has planned for each of us.
For
we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God
prepared in advance for us to do. Ephesians 2:10 (NIV)
In order to find God’s direction for our lives we have to know
Him. I’m not talking about being a Christian and knowing Him as Your Savior.
I’m talking about KNOWING Him. And to truly know Him, we must spend time with
Him, alone.
If we are His handiwork, created in Christ Jesus, then knowing
Him should be our greatest passion. From that will flow the specific purposes He’s
created us for. Isn’t that the key to fulfillment?
I don’t have all the answers, but I can point to the One who
does. Perhaps together we can find community and encouragement here, squished
between a million other blogs with promises of the next greatest gadget,
weight-loss program or self-help model.
God has the best plan; better than anything I can devise. He
uses markers in my life to keep me on course. Along with grieving lost hopes
and opportunities, I’ve experienced sheer joy from following His direction in
wonderful opportunities I would have otherwise missed. The most exciting,
fulfilling times of my life have been when I stepped out in faith, and He swept
me away into the unknown of His fabulous plans.
It’s my prayer that together we will discover God’s
directional markers for our lives. Let’s share our joy and encouragement that
will come from following the One who created us with His specific purposes in
mind.
I am a woman in need with my own race to win. What about
you? God has a race for you to run and WIN. I invite you to run with me.
Join me this Monday, April 4, for Monday Markers.
Til then, stay the course.
Terri

No comments:
Post a Comment
Share your comment here: