Monday, August 15, 2016

I've Recently Realized Something


Welcome to Monday Markers everyone!

Would you agree that perspective is everything? Perspective is a mental view or outlook; the ability to perceive things in their actual interrelations or comparative importance. www.thefreedictionary.com.

When our perspective about something changes, the new change becomes reality.

When I see a bird perched on the highest point of a tree, it just looks like a brown bird to me. 

When I zoom in using binoculars or a camera, I gasp, ”oh wow!” My perspective of that bird completely changes. 

It’s suddenly a bright yellow gold finch (my favorite) or a striking painted bunting. 

I've always noticed birds and enjoyed them. But that's the extent of it. 

Because of my husband's passion and knowledge of birds, my perspective of them and desire to learn more has changed, as I've been his student in the classroom of all things birds.

For over 33 years I have loved God, have always noticed Him in my surroundings and acknowledged His faithfulness. He has walked intimately with me through life’s sorrows and sufferings, always bringing me to the other side…

But…

My perspective about my position with Him was blurred. Through my eyes, I couldn’t grasp all the 
spiritual blessings I already have in Christ. I struggled with taking hold of that which Jesus took hold of for me. 


Not that I have already obtained all this, or 
have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to 
take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took 
hold of for me. Philippians 3:12

What did Jesus take hold of for you and me?

Well, for starters…salvation. From His death on the cross, to His resurrection and now seated at the right hand of God, He makes intercession for us. He’s not condemning us, He’s praying for us!

So, girlfriend, where is your condemner?

Who then is the one who condemns? No one. 
Christ Jesus who died – more than that, who 
was raised to life – is at the right hand of God 
and is also interceding for us. Romans 8:34

That’s not all. Jesus didn’t just stop at salvation. He fulfilled His promise to send Someone to empower us to live this Christian life on earth.

Dear believer, if you’ve trusted Jesus as your Lord and Savior, then the Holy Spirit has been deposited into your very heart (soul)! He lives inside of you!

This truth alone blows my mind when I FOCUS on it.

There’s more though. Much more and impossible to write about all of it in a little blog post. 

But the “something that I’ve recently realized” is what I want to share.

Are you like me and sometimes walk through this world feeling defeated, beat down and powerless?

Have you accepted the status quo and mundane as your reality? Do you feel like you’ve fought your last battle and are down for the count, too tired to get up and fight? 

I have some encouragement for you today. First let’s adjust the lens of the eyes of our hearts and focus in on something.

My prayer and hope is that you’re perspective changes as you take hold of the reality that we, as daughters of God, can live in. Right now.

First, do this: Ask God to replace your blurred or distorted view with His vision.

Now let’s zoom in and focus…

As a believer in Christ, you have been bought by Him at the highest price ever possible. Therefore, you are His possession, His greatest treasure. 

Your were bought at a price. 
Therefore honor God with your bodies. 1 Corinthians 6:20 
and 
But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, 
a holy nation, God's special possession, 
that you may declare the praises of Him who has 
called you out of darkness into His 
wonderful light.1 Peter 2:9

Because Jesus is our King, we are seated with Him in the heavenly realms.
...he exerted when He raised Christ from the
dead and seated Him at His right hand in the
heavenly realms. Ephesians 1:20
and
And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with Him
in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus. Ephesians 2:6

God has given us EVERY spiritual blessing we will ever need to defeat the devil’s sleazy schemes and empower us to live out our Christian life. 

Praise be to the God and Father of our 
Lord Jesus Christ who has blessed us in the heavenly 
realms with every spiritual 
blessing in Christ. Ephesians 1:3 

You don’t have to try to be righteous because you can’t. You already are! 

This righteousness is given through faith in 
Jesus Christ to all who believe.  Romans 3:22

So stop exhausting yourself by trying to be perfect.

Because of all this, we can stand…with the authority of Jesus, and take back what the devil has stolen while we've been focusing on defeat and discouragement, down on our back for the last count. 

do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance
the Lord will bring you today. Exodus 14:13

While you’re taking your place and standing firm, clothe yourself in His armor He’s given to you. I strongly encourage you to get your Bible and turn to Ephesians 6:10-18, paying special attention to each piece of armor God has provided.


Think of it like that bird sitting atop the highest point of a tree and it just looks brown from where you’re standing. Until you zoom in focus on each detail.

Ask God to give you vision and focus on these realities. Ask God for His perspective to dissolve your perspective. 

Now, go for it! Grab hold of what Christ has taken hold of for you and experience new strengths and victories.

Grabbing on to these realities has given me a “second wind”, even after all these years. It will move us forward as we stay the course,

Terri


2 comments:

  1. Yes, Terri, how much we need to focus on what Christ has done for us and leave the trivial things behind. Nothing is greater than what has been accomplished for us. Paul called his troubles "light afflictions" even after all he had been through. For us to complain about anything in our life is because we have taken the focus off how great God is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comments, Barbara. Focus is everything, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Share your comment here: