Monday, October 17, 2016

Supernatural Reality

About 18 years ago, God promised me something very personal. It was one of those moments with Him when I knew that I knew that I JUST knew. His words drifted off the page of my Bible and
penetrated my heart to the core.

If God said it, then it is so. That settles it.

During my years as a single parent, God provided a lot of opportunities where I had to hold to His promises, only to experience His faithfulness time and again. He worked supernaturally to bring many promises into my physical reality.

Merriam-Webster defines supernatural as unable to be explained by science or the laws of nature. 

I could not explain how God fulfilled His promise, only that He did.  

Perhaps a better word than promise would be assurance. It’s His assurance that He’s going to bring about something that only He can do; something in the supernatural realm that will become my physical reality.

The specific “assurance” I’m writing about today, for which I’m still trusting God, concerns someone I love deeply. He’s an extension of me. Of my flesh and blood. My firstborn, 36 years ago.

The current reality is heartrending. He’s alive, but gone. Mental illness carried him into another reality away from me, and others who love him.

Circumstances beyond my control…so many unanswered questions. Guilt. Anger. Is he safe? Hungry? Warm?

Do you have a heartrending situation too? Some days you’re ok; coping. Other days your faith is shaken and the reality feels unbearable.

Maybe God has given you a promise or an assurance specifically for your situation. Just like me, you need a supernatural work of God to bear down on the situation, right? 

So we're trusting yet another promise of truth from Him to fit all the puzzle pieces together. 

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28

Recently I’ve been strongly encouraged that God is working to fulfill His promise from 18 years ago. So much so that I’m banking ALL my hope in Him. 

You’ve heard the phrase “don’t put all your eggs in one basket.” Well, I’m doing just that with my Heavenly Father, by putting ALL my hope in one God. To the rest of the world, this seems foolish.

I had no idea when God planted Jeremiah 31:15-17 deep in my heart, that I'd be here today, trusting Him for such a big thing, to work all this out into a physical reality.

As Believers, our position is seated with Him in the heavenly realms according to Ephesians 2:6…and God raised us up with Christ and seated us with Him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus. That’s our reality.

If we’re seated there with Him, when we pray for our situation or loved one, something powerful happens. How? I can’t explain how. It’s God’s supernatural work.

He's given a new resolve to take back what the enemy wrongfully stole. I'm accepting God’s restoring, healing and redeeming realities. I have no clue what it will look like. I just know that He's set things in motion.

Whatever your situation is, however painful or heartbreaking, I want to encourage you to not give up. We can’t give up!

One of my newest, most favorite quotes is by Tony Evans, a well-known pastor, speaker and author. He says, “Faith is acting like something is so, even when it is not so, simply because God said so, in order that it might be so.”

Will you join me with your situation too, and act like something is so, even when it is not so, (YET), but simply because God said so?
Then let’s trust and wait, wait and trust, pray and pray until it is so.

This is the only way to stay the course.

Terri


2 comments:

  1. Terri, thanks for sharing from your heart. I will be standing with you in prayer for your son.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Barbara. I'll take all the prayers I can get.

    ReplyDelete

Share your comment here: