Where is hope?
For a four-letter word, hope sure is a BIG word, isn’t
it?
Where do you place your hope today?
Or have you lost all hope?
Is there no hope for our country? No hope for the
world?
Oh, quite contrary.
I often say, “There is always hope.”
How can I say that in light of the current crisis in
the United States and around the world?
How can I say that as I’ve once sat in the midst of
the ashes in my own personal life?
One thing I’ve discovered in my life with God, is that
hope in Him does not disappoint.
Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God
has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit
Are you fearful? Do you fear the future?
I can’t write an answer any better than the one
written by C. H. Spurgeon (a famous British Baptist Preacher in the 1800’s).
The following quote was printed in a daily devotional I
subscribe to called Streams in the Desert,
and was posted September 25, 2016.
Here’s what Mr. Spurgeon says in response to Psalm 42:9,
Why go I mourning?
Canst
thou answer this believer? Canst thou find any reason
why thou art so often
mourning instead of rejoicing? Why hold to gloomy anticipations? Who told thee
that the night would never end in day? Who told thee that the winter of thy discontent
would proceed from frost to frost, from snow and ice, and hail to deeper snow,
and yet more heavy tempest of despair?
Knowest
thou not that day follows night, that flood comes
after ebb, that spring and
summer succeed winter?
Hope thou then! Hope thou ever!
For God fails thee not. C.H.
Spurgeon.
The hope the world has to offer fails consistently. It’s
about as reliable as the weather forecast.
But the hope that comes from God for all Believers in
Christ, is sturdy, unshakable, and trustworthy. We can confidently put all our
hope and trust in Him.
In light of the current state of the United States and
the rest of world, I’d be willing to suggest that thousands upon thousands will
soon replace their hope in the world with hope in
God, through Jesus Christ.
If it’s peace you want; joy you need; or desire to
overflow with power, then my prayer for you today is this:
May
the God of hope fill you with all joy and
peace as you trust in Him, so that
you may overflow
with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Romans 15:13
There is nowhere else we can find true, sustainable
hope, joy and peace.
Will you join me in trusting God for our future and
putting our hope in Him?
Staying the course,
Terri



No comments:
Post a Comment
Share your comment here: