What am I responsible for?
At what point do I let go and turn over the reins to the
Great I Am? And how do I know when it’s time to step up to the plate? And
swing?
Where is the balance between working as if it all depended
on me and releasing the burden of it all on the One who initiated this thing to
begin with?
Where does the inspiration and fervent desire to work for
Him come from? It was once there; where did it go?
And will it come back?
And… inspiration to do what?
Go back to school?
Start that ministry?
Change careers?
Paint?
Write?
Make music?
Today I read an awesome blog post written by my
long-distance friend Julie Dibble. I encourage you to read it here:
She asked this question at the end of her post:
"Do you feel responsible for things belonging to God?"
My answer was a resounding, “Yes!”
I learned at a young age how to shoulder everyone else’s
responsibilities. It’s very difficult to stop. I did stop, but at some point in
the middle of rush, took it back.
Maybe that’s what depletes my inspiration and fervent
desire to fulfill His plan and purpose for me.
Maybe that’s when depression
comes.
What about you?
Are you carrying the burden of responsibility of something
that belongs to God? Or someone else?
That thing that you must make sure turns
out the way it’s “supposed” to?
In addition to the responsibilities that really ARE yours?
Feeling overwhelmed now?
So we might as well cut ourselves some slack; let it go into
His more-than capable, big, strong hands.
Now to Him who is able to carry out His purpose
and do superabundantly more than all that we dare ask
or think, [infinitely beyond our greatest
prayers, hopes,
or dreams], according to His power that is at work
within us.
Ephesians 3:20 (AMP)
Stop here. Breathe. Now let’s go back and slowly read the above verse again.
This covers just about everything, doesn’t it?
This is where we find balance. Letting go.
As we let go, the scales begin to tip back toward the side
that Jesus holds.
With all the fervor and love that fills my heart for you, I
pray you do too, and that the floodgates open up for you.
I'd love to hear from you if you feel comfortable commenting below. Or you can always email me using the form on the right side of this page.
We can stay the course together,
Terri
Letting go involves the rest God tells us to enter in Hebrews. I guess that's why we have to "labor" to rest because that kind of resting is harder for us to do.
ReplyDeleteHi Barbara!You're so right. Wish it didn't have to be that way, but it just shows us how we need Him.
ReplyDelete