by Terri Webster
How is your year going? Are you ready to see 2017 fade away and start 2018 with a clean slate?
How is your year going? Are you ready to see 2017 fade away and start 2018 with a clean slate?
This is the time when I begin asking the Lord what my
word/theme will be for next year to represent my quiet time with Him. 2018 will
begin year three of intentionally setting aside time alone with Him every day.
It’s not because I’m so godly and mature, but because I was
hungry and desperate.
Are you hungry? Feeling empty; like there must be more to
this life; more to this Christian life?
A year ago I shared with you about this new venture with the
Lord, which began two years ago. In my blog post titled, Color Your Year,
posted December 19, 2016, I explain in more detail.
Before reading further you can catch up by reading Color Your Year here, then pop back over for today’s post.
Color Your Year
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Quiet time, devotion and Bible reading. We call it different
things, but it’s that daily block of time set aside for time alone with Jesus.
This is something I’ve discovered I’m desperate for. I must
have it.
Like water is necessary for my body, so is my time alone
with Jesus, His word, prayer and writing in my journal.
The past two years have been life-changing. My life’s
circumstances haven’t changed, but I have. The change isn’t complete, but will
take the rest of my life.
It’s a process.
Throughout the years of my life with Jesus, I’ve always known
I needed to spend time with Him. At times my efforts were minimal. I thought as
long as I opened my Bible, sat in His presence, read a devotion of the day,
then prayed a little that this was enough to grow and change me; enough to know
Him.
It wasn’t until the end of 2015, that I became aware of my
great need. I couldn’t continue doing the same thing and expect change.
January 1, 2016 was a new day of a new month of a new year.
I was focused and ready to make my time with the Lord top priority and yielded to
Him in a fresh way.
Ten minutes a day turned into 30, when before I knew it, my
“dates” with Jesus became the fastest hour or more gone by of every day!
The room above our garage has become my HAPPY place, even
with the hard, disciplining, pruning and burning off the dross by His refining
fire.
I’m nowhere near where I need to be, but learning to simply BE
with Him, and let Him do His work in me is priceless. It’s not my work, but
HIS.
What relief it is!
How is your daily quiet time with God? If you don’t have a
regular time set apart for time alone with Him, I encourage you to begin plans
to make this a priority in your day. This is where you’ll find direction,
healing and peace that the world will never provide. This is where the change
you’re longing for takes place.
The Lover of your soul waits for you. He will never NOT show
up.
I invite you to share your thoughts too and how you spend your time alone with Him. Also, feel free to email me by using the form on the right side of this page to ask questions or request prayer.
Staying the course from surprise to surprise,
Terri

No comments:
Post a Comment
Share your comment here: