Monday, September 5, 2016

Take Me off the Grill, I'm Done!

Good Monday morning, Everyone! And Happy Labor Day!

I thought about titling this post, “Stick a Fork in me, I’m Done”,
but everyone already uses that expression to say they’re done, finished, tired, exhausted…done with life.

This is exactly how I’m feeling at this writing. Done. Exhausted. Burned slap out. Almost physically ill.

This comes only days after experiencing God’s mighty hand in several areas of my life. He has dealt with me on a few issues that have enslaved me far too long and has set me free.

I’ve experienced a fresh touch, a powerful surge of forwardness that I haven’t experienced in a very long time.

A lot of it is a result of a Bible study I’m in with some ladies, titled, “Armor of God” by Priscilla Shirer.

Phenomenal!!! Powerful!!! Eye-opening.

Studying and putting into action what I’m learning about the Armor of God has changed how I pray, how I see the physical world and spiritual world. I’ve been so full of excitement over what God is doing that there are moments I’m sure I’ll simply pop!

Soaring above mountain peaks with a clear panoramic view.
Enjoying fearlessness and boldness in a fresh way. A calm resolve has been my companion for weeks as I’ve boldly and fervently approached God’s throne of grace in prayer.

So why the glum and downcast soul? I’d like to know when my soaring like an eagle suddenly nose-dived into a pool of weepiness and exhaustion.

You’ve experienced this too, right? How can we go from soaring on the heights with God, and then plummet to the depths of the earth?

As I write this, I had to pause to text a friend who asked for prayer because she’s overwhelmed and can’t get a break to think clearly.
After sending my text, there are two explanations that stick out about what’s going on.
  • I’m 100% certain the devil hates us all the more when we step out in faith, threatening to tear down his strategic schemes in our lives and others’ lives.
He hates how I’m praying for my estranged son with fight and renewed vigor. He hates how I’m praying for my daughter whose carrying my little granddaughter due to be born in November, but not without some complications and a scary diagnosis.

While planning with other women a prayer ministry, and praying for our country, schools, churches and all leaders, I’m sure my enemy, the devil, is furious and panicked.

I’m aware that he’s sure to be scheming and planning strategies against me. Maybe trying to get a little craftier with his attacks.
  • The second thing is, even an eagle has to come down from soaring to rest. Eagles have nests. They have to eat, sleep and replenish.
Whether we’re walking in unhindered fellowship with God or are distant from Him, we all crave rest, peace and want to be free from anxiety.

We need a break, don’t we? We need Someone to lift the burden a little.

While I’ve been enjoying these new strengths and revelations, at some point, I began soaring in my own strength without coming down for a rest and refueling.

Are you trying to do it all in your own strength, meet mounting expectations with no end in sight, even while in close fellowship with God?

Or are you distant from God and relying on your own strength to fulfill every demand and expectation?

If you’re experiencing burnout and exhaustion on any level, will you join me right now, and take a few minutes to focus on the following promises?


Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, 
and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and 
learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, 
and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is 
easy and my burden is light. Matthew 11:28-30.

Jesus is the One speaking here, to you and me. Come, He said…and I will give you rest. Give Him your burdens and as He promised, you will find rest…

Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know. Jeremiah 33:3

Almighty God, your Heavenly Father, says, Call to Me. And He will answer!

Not only will He answer, but He will speak to you things you don’t know now, and wants to tell you.

And here’s my favorite…

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, 
by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your 
requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends 
all understanding, will guard your hearts and your 
minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

This is how we stay on course and win!

Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your comment here: