When I was a single mom, depending on God became tangible.
Meaning, I depended on Him for the basics of necessities; food, shelter, water.
Meaning, I depended on Him for the basics of necessities; food, shelter, water.
My dependence grew exponentially, as I also relied on Him
for justice, healing of my broken heart and sanity for each day.
Those were tough years, putting it mildly.
Today, while I know all my provision flows from and through
Him, I no longer am in the posture of daily exercising that faith muscle. I
take care, though, not to let it become flabby because I hope to never need to
work it out like I did in my younger days.
However, if not for those years, I’m convinced there is no
other way for me to know the intimate, compassionate, care and unfailing love
of the Father’s heart, the way I came to know Father God’s.
Experiencing all I did during those years, also led me to
the heart of Jesus in a fresh way, as I said yes to His proposal to be my Husband.
I was already saved, born again, but those dark days caused
me to know Him in ways I wouldn’t know Him otherwise.
I stumbled and fumbled through. Made my share of mistakes.
Struggled with doubt, unbelief, fits of rage and distancing myself from God.
Thankfully, He never budged. His love never changed in my
ever-changing world.
Are you walking through dark times today, through a
whirlwind of changes?
Dealing with a broken heart, injustice, loss, sorrow?
I write to you from the other side of a life forever changed
by pain and hardship with nothing but encouragement and hope to offer you.
First, there’s no way you can muster up enough strength,
self-will or spiritual ability to endure. Maybe for a day or two. But that
isn’t lasting endurance. That may sound like bad news to you.
I have far better news!
Dear friend, you were never meant to dig deep within
yourself to find all of that, as the world will tell you. Eventually you’ll
come to the bottom of yourself. Then what?
Your shoulders weren’t designed to carry the weight of others
AND your own burdens.
In a world completely void of stability, God’s unfailing
love is unchanging. The shifting ground under your feet and unpredictable
circumstances you’re in, are no match for His power to settle and sturdy you,
as He walks alongside you.
How does this become your reality?
In His Word, the Bible; that book the world tells you is not
worth your time, you can take hold of and apply His truths to the depths of
your need, permeating, going where only He can go.
There was a time when I wasn’t sure I would ever say this,
but joyfully, the time has come. God’s Word, the Bible, full of His rich
promises and truth, has been tried and proven, over and over again in my life. His promises can be trusted. (Psalm 12:6)
I’ll share just a few with you today (there are too many for
one little blog post).
- Come to Me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. Matthew 11:28-30
- Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6
- But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31
- Call to Me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know. Jeremiah 33:3
Dependently staying the course,
Terri


No comments:
Post a Comment
Share your comment here: